Hero Apartments

Sector Commercial

Location Melbourne

Construction Time 3 Weeks

Formerly the Russell Street Telephone Exchange Post office built in 1954, then converted into boutique apartments in 1999 by Fender Katsalidis, Fido recently completed the fit out of the existing lobby, designed by Minifie van Schaik Architects. Works incorporated the strip out of existing fixtures and fittings not consistent with the original 1930’s Italian Modernist architecture, removing plasterboard from original brickwork, hard plastering and re painting walls and ceilings, new lighting by Blue Bottle, refurbishing original stone floor and walls, custom freestanding furniture, letterboxes & artwork by Fiona Abicare & her exceptional team of artisans.

Photography by Martina Gemmola.

Hero2 Hero3

»